doula, postpartum doula, birth doula, baby planning, baby nurse, night nurse, doula seattle, doula bellevue, doula mukilteo, doula shoreline, doula redmond, doula kirkland, doula bothell, doula woodinville, doula madison park, doula medina, night nanny, baby shower, sleep training, baby, parent coaching, sleep help, coaching, baby, birth, breastfeeding, breast feeding, lactation, parent resources
Nurture Seattle LLC | Seattle, Washington | email@example.com
Giving birth is a transformative event in a family's life. The support of a trained doula helps you navigate the unfamiliar and unpredictable journey that is labor and birth. We believe birth is a natural process and that a woman and her body have inherent wisdom and power to bring a new baby into the world. Our role, as your doula, is to honor that wisdom and support you (and your partner) through your birth. Our goal is that you will end up with a birth experience you feel positive about.
Please use the Contact Us link to set-up a no-obligation meeting to see if we are a good fit.
The role of the Doula begins before before birth. We will schedule two, 2-hour prenatal meetings where we will:
- Review your goals and plans for the birth.
- Discuss various medical options and the pros and cons to each.
- Formulate a birth plan that fits your desires and needs.
- Practice comfort techniques.
- Provide unlimited phone, text and email access for questions or concerns.
We will be on-call starting at 38 weeks and will come join you in labor whenever you decide you need me, day or night, and stay until baby is born. Once there, we will:
- Provide encouragement, emotional and physical support to help you cope with contractions.
- Make suggestions for position changes or other pain coping techniques.
- Provide evidenced-based information about medical management of labor to help you make decisions.
- Support the partner, as the partner supports the laboring mother.
The fee for doula services also includes one postpartum visit in your home, usually a week after baby is born. The postpartum visit includes:
- Discuss and process your birth experience.
- Troubleshoot any concerns your have about breastfeeding and newborn care.
- Suggestions for mother's physical recovery.
- Information about signs and symptoms of postpartum mood disorders.
- Provide resources and referrals as needed.
The links below provide more information about the benefits of hiring a birth doula.